What makes Palmpressed coffee awesome?
- You can make hot or cold brew coffee at home, at the office, and on trips.
- It's considered an immersion brewing method, which helps with even extraction of coffee.
- You can control the taste and strength to your liking by tweaking the coffee-to-water ratio, water temperature, grind size, and brew time.
Do I need to use a specific coffee?
- Use any coffee you like. We do recommend a medium grind size. (Medium grind is what you'd use for drip coffee and pour-over coffee. You want it to be coarser than espresso/powder, but finer than French-press grind).
- Ways to get your coffee ground:
- Ask the barista
- Use the grocery-store machine
- Buy your own coffee burr grinder
- Buy it pre-ground
What are the product materials?
- Stainless steel inner plate and reusable filter.
- LFGB-approved silicone brewing cup.
- BPA-free and phthalate-free plastic outer shell (coffee does not contact plastic).
- View parts and assembly.
What's the cleaning like?
- Kinda like washing a tupperware - tap the grounds into the trash and hand-wash or dish-wash on the TOP RACK.
- View cleaning and care steps.
What else should I know?
- It's entirely reusable.
- Coffee does not contact plastic.
- It collapses to 2.3" x 4.4".
- Each press makes an 8oz cup (or make a larger cup by brewing concentrated coffee, then diluting).
- We have recipes here!
- View more information from the user manual here.
- Interested in learning more about choosing and tasting coffee? Visit our Coffee 101 section.